Balancing Natural Light & 2 OCF Speedlights: On-Location Detroit
- We will be mixing natural light with 2 Off Camera Flash (OCF) speedlights while having a model as our subject
- We will experiment with light placement, settings, and a couple modifiers
- We will see how a gel can help give your images a sunlight feel even when the sun is not out
- We will play with OCF & High Speed Sync (shooting past your camera's flash sync speed - normally about 1/200 sec) and discuss why this might be important to you and how the type of triggers you use are critical for this feature
- Like all my workshops, this one will be hands on. You will be shooting and able to ask questions.
- This is NOT a portfolio builder workshop. It is to help give you the knowledge to start to light scenes on your own.
- I will supply the lights, modifiers, and triggers for your dSLRs (For this workshop, ONLY Nikon and Canon camera models will be supported. Other brands are welcome to participate but will not be able to shoot at this one. If you own a brand other then these two and would like me to schedule one for you to shoot at, please message me.)
- This is an intermediate class. I will not be taking the time to teach Manual Mode of your camera or single light basics. If you are not comfortable with both of these, then you should sign up for one of my other workshops first:
- "Intro to Using Your dSLR & Basic Photography Concepts Workshop"
- "Single Light Intro - Feeling Comfortable in the Studio"
- "Intro to On-Location Single Light OCF"
- "Situational Lighting/Studio Workshop"
- Please bring your dSLR, fresh battery, at least one lens, and your camera body manual with you.
- Please read the Refund Policy before signing up. This has not changed since I created this group but I continue to get questions after the fact.
- This meetup will happen regardless of weather conditions (we will be located in a covered area if needed).
- Some models at my meetups are under 18 so please do not ask for contact information. If you would like to shoot outside of this event with them, please go through me; unless they reach out to you.
Hope to see you!