Photographing People with G&L Collins Photography Message Board › My Vision for Our Group/Workshops - Gary Collins

My Vision for Our Group/Workshops - Gary Collins

Gary C.
user 14136267
Group Organizer
Livonia, MI
Post #: 6
My Vision for Our Group/Workshops

I love teaching, lighting, and capturing images of people.  I will do my best to host some free events and keep the costs reasonable for training since this is where my passion is.  

I hope to have the following categories of meetups:

(1) Guest speakers to give us insight and help with our creativity/inspiration 

(2) Manufacture reps to give product demos

(3) Training for members newer to dSLR (sometimes this is less intimidating and more effective in private lessons - let me know if you are interested)

(4) Training for members newer to a studio and basic lighting (both studio and Off Camera Flash - OCF).  (private lessons are also available)

(5) Training for more advanced lighting setups/techniques

(6) "How'd they do that?" - this is a chance for us to share general tips and tricks or bring in an inspirational/cool image for us to talk about how was it created.  Topics from here could result in me finding a future Guest Speaker to address/give insight to these items

(7) Training photographers with how other artist types work and important items to help you - Artists will include makeup, hair, styling, wardrobe, etc.

(8) Portfolio builder workshops - However these will cost you more.
Myself and many other photographers, including many in this group have spent years, sweat, and money to build a portfolio and we are always updating it.  I am willing to jump start newer photography businesses with diverse themes but I also will not do this for for free/low cost. 

Hosting Fee partially covers studio costs, wear and tear on my personal lighting equipment I share with the group, incremental equipment I purchase to accommodation non Nikon dSLRs, models, (make-up, hair, and stylists, etc when used), my time outside the workshops coordinating/meeting with vendors, artists, managing the group, and sharing what I know inside and outside the workshops with members. 

Thank you all for being a part of this meetup and I hope this vision fits your wants/needs?  
If you have any comments or feedback, I would enjoy hearing it. 

Gary