addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board General Discussions › Old Reaganite on GoP Suicide, American Spectator article

Old Reaganite on GoP Suicide, American Spectator article

Skip
user 4023821
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 395
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,512
I agree, too, Skip. The PARTY is now all important...... the goal is the "party" and not the "people"...... the Repubs (like the Dems) only care about themselves and their position, power, etc.

As long as the national RNC exists as it does today....... we conservatives will have no "representation". They are firmly in control of the political spectrum and are able, thru THEIR rules, to discount the will of the people in elections and policy. THEY gave us Mitt Romney, THEY are giving us a House purged of conservatives, THEY are funding the RINO candidates like Boustany over conservatives like Landry.

DOWN with the current GOP and their power!!

I also loved that this article cites Gingrich as the only one who truly understands Reagan conservatism.... I love Gingrich.... can't help it!! He is the only Repub in the last 20 years that has been able to ACHIEVE conservative changes in Washington. He is articulate and has a vision....... can't guarantee he would govern our way...but I would take him as president in a heartbeat!!
Skip
user 4023821
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 396
Gingrich has taken too many politically correct and progressive stances for me to trust him, like global warming, favoring the PATRIOT act, and the cheating on his wife bothers me*, etc. But over Obama? Lol well that's a nobrainer. Whatever else Gingrich did, he was pretty good on fiscal issues.

I will be interested to see Craig Shirley's upcoming book about Gingrich says tho. Maybe I'm too harsh.

* Concern about cheating might seem unimportant to some people, but to me it's a really bad sign. If you would cheat on your wife why would we expect you not to cheat in other areas? The temptation to cheat is all around. I think being a man is like being an alcoholic. The sincere ones don't put themselves in a bar where there will be temptation, because they know they might fail. If you go to the bar, you have to ask yourself were you hoping to fall to temptation? So I hold someone in high regard who manages not to cheat.

UPDATE: From The Hill : Boehner to Congress 'we [leadership] have punished four members,' he claimed that it had nothing to do with their conservative ideology, but had to do with their voting patterns.

So Boehner is really tolerant. It's ok to be a conservative, so long as you vote progressive. Keep your conservative beliefs out of politics please, we have taxpayer money that needs spent and taxes to raise, and by god we're going to do it in a bipartisan way, 'ideology' be damned.

#PurgeBoehner
Robbye St. P.
Robbye392
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 121
You're right Skip - Gingrich has a tendency to stray off the farm - though I wish that was all we had to worry about now. And you are precisely right on the issue of cheating. That's my problem with Vitter too.
Connie Z.
ConnieZ
Kenner, LA
Post #: 589
You're right Skip - Gingrich has a tendency to stray off the farm - though I wish that was all we had to worry about now. And you are precisely right on the issue of cheating. That's my problem with Vitter too.

My thoughts exactly, Robbye, Skip and Terri.
Skip
user 4023821
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 400
Agree regarding Vitter and cheating. What really makes me sad is his wife stayed, like Client #9's wife did.

And Vitter's voting record has been really bad. When it comes to runaway big government he's all talk and no vote. I wish he was quitting and DeMint was staying. I can't imagine finding anyone in DeMint's league to replace him.