Greater New Orleans Tea Party Message Board General Discussions › Louisiana Income Tax elimination proposal... is anyone interested in meeting

Louisiana Income Tax elimination proposal... is anyone interested in meeting about this?

Connie Z.
ConnieZ
Kenner, LA
Post #: 613
Because I am! I just rec'd an email from the Public Affairs Research Council (PAR), which describes what it is going to do, and it is the first opportunity I've had to actually learn something about it.

I am not feeling warm and fuzzy about it for a number of reasons. But... it might be a great thing to do, and I just don't understand it enough yet.

Here is a link to the 9 page PDF version of the document:

http://www.parlouisia...­

I am very grateful to PAR for putting this info out there.

Is anyone interested in gathering to discuss this issue? I am reading about it, but have many questions, and I'll bet that among us, we have Patriots who can answer some of them, from their own personal experience.

If you are interested, please Reply to this topic (thread). I'll work on arrangements for a meeting place.

Yours in the fight for LESS TAXES and Liberty,
Connie
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,765
Skip would be the one to ask about this........

I do NOT like the "Enterprise Zones"........ which are TIF's and other tax breaks that take OUR taxpayer money and give it to private businesses for "economic development". These are public-private partnerships . Doesn't say HOW they would "change " these...... I vote we STOP doing it altogether!!!

I'm hearing from some legislators that this tax change should be "phased in" rather than done all at once...... that might be a reasonable option. $3 BILLION is alot to change all at once...... AND, did you notice there is NO mention of shrinking Louisiana govt or cutting programs ???
Terri
user 9090133
Kenner, LA
Post #: 3,767
Connie...... Walt Bennetti also has a great article on the Jindal plan...... http://www.bayoubuzz....­
Connie Z.
ConnieZ
Kenner, LA
Post #: 615
Thanks for the suggestions and info Terri!