Camden County Pickup Soccer Message Board › Spring adult soccer team in Cherry Hill (age 18-25 bracket)

Spring adult soccer team in Cherry Hill (age 18-25 bracket)

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this meetup group, and haven't had the chance to join a pickup session yet. However, since I'm also new to the Cherry Hill area, I'm hoping to get more active during the week by joining a Spring soccer team. I'm 23, graduated from UConn in May 2013 and have begun working in IT nearby.

International Sports Centre, in Cherry Hill NJ, has an indoor soccer league (7 v. 7) that runs in the Spring. The problem is, you need to register as a team and not as an individual looking to be placed on a team. So as a solution, I figured I'd reach out here to see if anyone else would be interested in joining.

I used to play soccer in high school and have done intramural soccer in college so it has been a while since I've played competitively. I'm not sure what the skill level of other teams will be (if you're familiar with this league, please let me know!) but anyone that is willing to play and make the games is welcome to join me!

The details:
League: Over 18 **note: There's an Over 25 bracket, so I assume you'd need to be between 18-25 to play on this team
Times: Thursday 7:30pm - 11:10pm (some overflow games on Sunday evenings)
Start Date: April 24th
Registration Date: April 15th
Cost: $850 per team (plus $15 per team per game for refs)
More info: International Sports Website

The teams are limited to 14 players, I don't think there's a minimum (besides 7 obviously). If people are interested, please reply! If there's enough interest, I will move forward with the plan to register!

Also, if there's not enough interest, but someone already has a team and is looking for another player (I played defense in high school, but am flexible) I'd be happy to join!

If anyone has more questions, please let me know and I'll try to answer!
Ryan
user 115294742
Collingswood, NJ
Post #: 1
Hi Frank, welcome to the group and the area. I have played in this league sporadically in the past and can give you some insight...

1. Despite the league title saying 'Men', you may see teams that field one or two women players every now and then. Females players are allowed to play, but not required to field a team.

2. The skill level at this facility varies. There are some junk teams and players and there are some very good teams and players. There are usually two divisions, "A" and "B". Generally "A" level is for more competitive, skilled teams and "B" level is for more relaxed teams.

3. If you don't get enough to form a team, just show up at the facility on the league nights and start talking to different people on the teams. You can probably find a team that is looking for players for the night or maybe even the remaining season. Teams frequently don't have enough guys show up and will invite players waiting on the side so they can field enough players for the match.

Hope this helps.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Frank, welcome to the group and the area. I have played in this league sporadically in the past and can give you some insight...

1. Despite the league title saying 'Men', you may see teams that field one or two women players every now and then. Females players are allowed to play, but not required to field a team.

2. The skill level at this facility varies. There are some junk teams and players and there are some very good teams and players. There are usually two divisions, "A" and "B". Generally "A" level is for more competitive, skilled teams and "B" level is for more relaxed teams.

3. If you don't get enough to form a team, just show up at the facility on the league nights and start talking to different people on the teams. You can probably find a team that is looking for players for the night or maybe even the remaining season. Teams frequently don't have enough guys show up and will invite players waiting on the side so they can field enough players for the match.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Ryan! Since I don't really know people from the area, this post was my attempt at getting a team together and it doesn't seem like it's getting much traction... I'll probably do what you suggested and show up to the first session to see if anyone can use an extra player. Thanks for the suggestion!