GPU Programming in Toronto Message Board › save this group

save this group

Bob W.
user 89253222
Toronto, ON
Post #: 1
Is anybody interested in saving the group?
Hugh R.
user 110765952
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Is anybody interested in saving the group?
I would like this group to continue.
I'm not qualified to lead it, but I'm willing to be a stand-in for a while (if nobody else steps forward).
How can we send a message to all members? I only stumbled upon your message -- it was not sent to me by email -- so I guess most other members haven't seen it.
Bob W.
user 89253222
Toronto, ON
Post #: 2
Thanks Hugh for stepping up.
I'm away on holidays so I didn't have the means to reset the 'counter'. I received your general group e-mail so now I hope others will get into this discussion.
Bryan D.
user 13876580
Toronto, ON
Post #: 46
I always have been wanting to attend this group but conflicting schedules was always in the way. I currently run 2 Meetups so I can tag team to help find topics related around GPU/FPGA related. We currently work in the world of heavy computing and finance, so let me know. Thanks Bryan
Bill M.
user 48794982
Toronto, ON
Hi Hugh,

Thanks for stepping up. Perhaps we can continue the arrangement at the UofT at the Best Labs, a good Central location.
Greg
user 51378412
Toronto, ON
Post #: 10
Yes.

The issues for the group to continue appear to be to
1. Define a mission statement for the group
2. Define a plan to implement the mission statement
3. Execute the plan

What is the purpose of the group?

- helping people learn gpu coding: cuda, openly, opengl shaders + gpu interoperability, parallel techniques, etc.

- socializing

- ???

These are just my thoughts, not an expression of consensus of what to do or where the group wants to go.

Where does the group want to go?

Greg