1. I will update this page to cancel, either because of the weather or unforeseen circumstances, so please check this page on the day of the event.
2. Please arrive about 15 minutes early to sign a waiver and be prepared to provide an emergency contact name and number.
3. Please do some research on the hike and select hikes that suit you.
4. Dress appropriately for the weather with sturdy hiking shoes or boots. Bring hiking poles if you have them to help with stability. For winter walks, you might need snowshoes, icers or microspikes.
5. Bring sufficient fluids and snacks for longer hikes.
6. We will often not have access to washrooms or portable toilets on these trails but bio-breaks are possible, if needed, along the walk.
7. If you are bringing guests, please RSVP accordingly and make sure they are aware of the hike details.
8. Be respectful of the environment. Take your garbage and pictures but leave everything else behind.
9. No dogs on my walks.
10. If you have any suggestions or concerns, I’m all ears.
Bond Lake is on the Oak Ridges Corridor Park trail. This trail stretches from Moraine Park (just west of Bayview Ave, north of Stouffville Road) all the way to Bathurst St.
We will start the walk from the trail access at the small parking lot east of William Bond Park, walk to Bond Lake, walk around the lake and then head back to the parking lot. The distance is about 8 km and should be completed in about 2 hours.
The trail surface is gravel up to Bond Lake, short sections of asphalt near Bond Lake and natural pack soil around the lake. The walk will be mainly in the open up to Bond Lake and in the wooded area around the lake.
We will meet at the parking lot on the south side of Old Colony Road, east of the William Bond Park and just west of the trail. Please see map for the location. The walk will start at 9:30 am.