Hack is a version of PHP which runs on HHVM developed by Facebook. HHVM is famous for being much faster than Zend PHP, and with Hack it also supports some awesome improvements to the language. In this talk I'm going to look at these features in some detail. Some of the things Hack delivers are:
• asynchronous execution (like Node)
• XML/XHTML as a first class datatype
• specialized collection types
• better lambda functions (closures)
• generics, strong types and more.
Many new PHP features were supported by Hack first including generators and variadic functions.
I hope you will be able to join us as we explore what Hack has to offer.