GTA Free Spirits, a social Meetup group with a difference. Rather than running all sorts of general social events like many other Meetup groups out there do, we focus on several niche activities including the following of which a few are those that NO other groups run;
- Very active winter ski training program with lessons for Beginners to Advanced levels from certified instructors including our successful Discover Skiing program designed for never-ever first time skiers
- Interesting free educational seminars in real estate investing, career advancement, nutrition, effective communications and more
- Trips for certified scuba divers to both local and tropical destinations as well as Discover Scuba Diving program for those who want to try it out
- Total Body Fitness and Total Body Stretch classes in the park; also effective self defense seminar by karate world champion
- Interesting cultural cuisine dining events with limited spaces for maximum socializing
- Full spring/fall season hiking program partnered up with a Small Dogs Outings Meetup group resulting in the ONLY hiking events which has the added feature of several small dogs (25 pounds and under) entertaining us
Some of the events we will run will be free while some will involve a fee if there is an admission or facility charge to whatever venue we will be going to. However, there will NEVER be a mandatory Meetup group membership fee! We won't nickel and dime members to make money out of them.
To enhance socializing, some of our events like the dining ones will have a maximum limit of ten people. We just find that these are so much more enjoyable than those dinner events that have crowds of people. Automatic waiting lists will be generated for these events. If people drop out by changing their RSVPs before the event, those on the waiting lists will take their places by priority of when they got on the waiting list.
Of extreme importance to us is to maintain a comfortable and safe social environment at our events for our members, especially the women. If we come across individuals who behave in a way that is not in the spirit of our group, we will not hesitate to remove them from our group.
You will find that GTA Free Spirits has a unique focus with our chosen niche activities so our group is not for everyone. But for the main areas that we focus in, GTA Free Spirits is the most active group for those activities (ski lessons, scuba diving, hiking with small dogs, etc.)