TEXAS VS.THE WORLD
Featured Varietal: Sangiovese
Featured Producer: Texas Hills Vineyard
Like all great “Vs.” there is an up-in-comer tossed in the ring with a legend. This tasting aims to do just that, except it’s you, the ‘People’, that get to be the judge. Think of it as a cross between the Judgment of Paris and Wine Idol, if there were such a thing.
Texas wines are hitting their stride and if you haven’t seen them in action recently here is your chance to taste the best wines being produced in the state along side their global counterparts in a tasting that is done blind throughout and where each wine is scored individually on it’s own merit.
A featured Texas producer is always in attendance to share their story of making wines in Texas and GUSTO Sommeliers are on hand to conduct the wine service. On occasion we have special guest co-hosts and Sommeliers that add to the caliber of the Texas wine experience this tasting aims to provide while at the same time maintaining it’s relaxed, social and fun format.
The big take aways from this tasting are a more diverse palate and the chance to be your own critic and judge that really will open your eyes to the world-class wines being produced in our own backyard.
To learn more about tasting procedures and guidelines - click here -
This tasting series is produced for the Texas Wine and Food Consortium (the Consortium); who’s mission is to educate and promote the trade and consumers about Texas wines. Join us and support the Texas wine industry in a whole new way!
1. Bar Z, Texas High Plains, 'Sassy S,' 2007
2. Driftwood Estate Winery, Texas, Sangiovese, 2011
3. Duchman Family Winery, Texas High Plains, Sangiovese, 2010
4. McPherson Cellars, Texas, Sangiovese 2010
5. Calais Winery, Texas High Plains, Sangiovese, Newsom Vineyards, ' La Cuvee du Coteau,' 2011
6. Brushy Creek Vineyards, Texas, Sangiovese, 2009
7. Wedding Oak Winery, Texas High Plains, Sangiovese, 2010
8. Alamosa Wine Cellars, Texas Hill Country, 'Texacaia,' 2011
9. Flat Creek Estate, Texas, Super Texan, 2011
10. Texas Hills Vineyard, Texas High Plains, Sangiovese, Newsom Vineyard, 2011
11. Landon, Texas, 'The Texan,' 2011
12. Hye Meadow Winery, Columbia Valley, Sangiovese, 2010
13. Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona, Brunello di Montalcino, 2007
14. Sasso di Dole, Rosso di Montalcino, 2010
15. Marchese Antinori, Chianti Classico, Riserva, 2007
16. Natale Verga, Chianti Classico, 2011
17. Antinori, Bolgheri, Tignanello, 2009
18. Vecchia Cantina, Vino Noble del Montelpulciano, 2009
*WINE FLIGHTS SUBJECT TO CHANGES BASED ON WINE AVAILABILITY