Sep 24, 2013 · 7:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
TEXAS vs. THE WORLD
Featured Varietal: Viognier
Featured Producer: Pedernales Cellars
- - PURCHASE TICKETS HERE - -
RSVP REQUIRES ADVANCE PURCHASE
$35 for Gusto Meetup Members. Use Promo Code: gustomember
Like all great “Vs.” there is an up-in-comer tossed in the ring with a legend. This tasting aims to do just that, except it’s you, the ‘People’, that get to be the judge. Think of it as a cross between the Judgment of Paris and Wine Idol, if there were such a thing.
Texas wines are hitting their stride and if you haven’t seen them in action recently here is your chance to taste the best wines being produced in the state along side their global counterparts in a tasting that is done blind throughout and where each wine is scored individually on it’s own merit.
A featured Texas producer is always in attendance to share their story of making wines in Texas and GUSTO Sommeliers are on hand to conduct the wine service. On occasion we have special guest co-hosts and Sommeliers that add to the caliber of the Texas wine experience this tasting aims to provide while at the same time maintaining it’s relaxed, social and fun format.
The big take aways from this tasting are a more diverse palate and the chance to be your own critic and judge that really will open your eyes to the world-class wines being produced in our own backyard.
To learn more about tasting procedures and guidelines - click here -
This tasting series is produced for the Texas Wine and Food Consortium (the Consortium); who’s mission is to educate and promote the trade and consumers about Texas wines. Join us and support the Texas wine industry in a whole new way!
- Acquagiusta Acquadoro, Tuscany (Maremma), Viognier, 2009
- Ampelos Cellars , Santa Barbara County, Viognier, 2010
- Miner Family Vineyards, Napa Valley, Simpson Vineyards, 2011
- Yalumba, Eden Valley, Viognier, 2011
- E. Guigal, Condrieu, 2011
- Pedernales Cellars, Texas, Viognier, Reserve, 2012
- Pedernales Cellars, Texas, Viognier, 2012
- Wedding Oak Winery, Texas High Plains, Viognier, 2012
- Lewis Wines, Texas High Plains, Viognier, 2012
- Becker Vineyards, Texas, Viognier, 2012
- McPherson Cellars, Texas, Viognier, 2012
- Brennan Vineyards, Texas, Viognier, 2011
- Spicewood Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Viognier, 2012
- Lost Oak Winery, Texas, Viognier, 2012
- Lost Oak Winery, Texas High Plains, Bingham Family Vineyards, Viognier, 2012
- Flat Creek Estate, Texas High Plains, Viognier, 2012
- Perissos Vineyards and Winery, Texas Hill Country, Estate Viognier, 2012
- Hye Meadow Winery, Texas High Plains, Bingham Family Vineyards, Viognier, 2012
*WINE FLIGHTS SUBJECT TO CHANGES BASED ON WINE AVAILABILITY