TEXAS vs. THE WORLD
A VARIETAL SHOWDOWN
February: Cabernet Sauvignon - The King -
Featuring: Becker Vineyards
When you ask the average Texan ‘what do you think of Texas wine?’ you almost always, without exception get one of two responses back. Either they haven’t had any Texas wine worth remembering or they don’t even see it as an option when there is so much “better” wine out there.
The Texas vs. The World Tasting is a series that meets every 1st Wednesday and is a head-to-head varietal comparison of wines made in Texas, by Texas grown fruit compared to the same varietal in a wine from another world-class growing area.
Each tasting has a featured winery to co-host each tasting along side of GUSTO. The producer is there to shed light, lead discussions and answer questions about making wine in Texas. GUSTO Sommeliers are there to lead discussion and answer questions on the other world-class wines in the tasting. This tasting is intended be relaxed, social and fun; as well as being great for networking with other wine enthusiasts and professionals.
$40 In Advance
$60 At the door if there is space
Ticket price is inclusive of all the tastings and light food fare for each table.
This tasting series is produced in partnership with the Texas Wine and Food Consortium(TXWFC); who’s mission is to promote the Texas wine industry through trade collaboration, events, education and outreach. Join us and support the Texas wine industry. It’s going to open your eyes about the world-class wines being produced right here in our own background.
Flight 1: Old World Cabernet
- Chateau Clerc Milon, Pauillac, Grand Cru Classe, 2006
- Chateau Fonbadet , Paulliac, Grand Vin, 2004
- Chateau Mongravey, Margaux, 2007
Flight 2: New World Cabernet
- Chateau Montelena, Calistoga, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Heitz Cellars, Napa Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2006
- Chateau Smith, Columbia Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Montes Alpha, Colchagua Valley, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
Flight 3: Texas Cabernet
- Llano, Texas, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007
- Messina Hof, Texas, Barrel Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Flat Creek Estate, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyards, Reserve, 2011
- Driftwood Estate Winery, Texas Hill Country, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Bending Branch, Texas High Plains, Newsom Vineyard, 2010
Flight 4: Becker Vineyards
- Becker Vineyards, ‘Wilmeth’, Texas High Plains, Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007
- Becker Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Canada Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
- Becker Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Canada Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2009
- Becker Vineyards, Texas High Plains, Canada Family Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
- Becker Vineyards, Texas, Claret, 2010
*WINE FLIGHTS SUBJECT TO CHANGES BASED ON WINE AVAILABILITY