Gallatin Girl Geek Adventure Club Message Board › Uniting with our various geeky talents to donate to community needs?

Uniting with our various geeky talents to donate to community needs?

Kristen N.
user 91147962
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 4
OK so I think it would be fun to get together and create fun items that could be sold or auctioned off to benefit community needs.

A big one right now is the Warming Center. They are in need of $50,000 in donations as well as BLANKETS in order to open their doors this Winter. If you haven't heard of the Warming Center, they are a place located near the fairgrounds with beds for homeless individuals and families in need of a warm place to stay during Bozeman's harsh winters.
http://www.thehrdc.or...­
http://www.kbzk.com/n...­

Because there is such a large amount of geeky creativeness just waiting to bust out in this group, I thought I would put this idea out there. It would be a fun way to come together and help our community out as well. Warm fuzzies for everyone.

Respond to this discussion if you are interested, and if there is enough interest (3-5?) I will set up a meetup to plan/create.
Also, if you have another community cause that you think would be fun to help out, please share!
biggrin
Bessie
user 108200582
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 4
Hey Kristen! I like the idea :) We could always make those fleece tie blankets --- they're easy, and I don't think the fabric is TOO expensive...
Kristin
user 109770182
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 1
If we do fleece blankets, I always have extra coupons for JoAnn's to make the supplies cheaper.
Bessie
user 108200582
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 5
Well I'm in! Maybe we can work out some ideas on Wednesday!
Kristen N.
user 91147962
Bozeman, MT
Post #: 5
Hey! I like the fleece tie idea! did you guys come up with any ideas on wednesday?