Feb 23, 2014 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Join the Gals for a scenic ride through the Presidio. We'll ride east to the Arguello Gate, cross through the Presidio to the Golden Gate Bridge, cross the bridge to the North end and return back to the start. We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city. We ride at a relaxed pace and will not leave anyone behind.
• Distance: About 11 miles, hilly (about 550 feet of climbing over the route).
• We suggest a bicycle with more than 3 speeds --and more than 7 speeds, unless you are a strong hill climber. We won't leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet and basic riding skills required.
• The route is on multi-use paths, roads with or without a bike lane, and the Golden Gate Bridge bike path. There is one short zone of battered pavement with rocks/gravel by Mountain Lake.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
Bring your questions -- We'll provide SASSY instructions for Gals: Select a Bike / Adjust a Helmet / Secure a Bike / Safe Riding Rules / You Can Get Up That Hill!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and urge you join. A $10 fee is suggested for non-members of San Francisco Bicycle Coalition OR you GALS can join SFBC for a special price of $25 for a one-year membership (normally $35). Members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition? No fee suggested.
1) Are you at least 50 years old?
2) How long have you been riding (most recently)?
3) What distance are you most comfortable riding: 1-5 miles? 5-10 miles? or 10-20 miles? More?