Join the Gals for an easy-going ride from the Ferry Building along the Bay Trail to Heron’s Head Park and returning to enjoy the first Sunday Streets of 2014. We’ll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city, and have a nice ride.
Distance: About 10 miles, flat. We won't leave anyone behind. We ride at a relaxed pace. RSVP required.
Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
Basic riding skills required.
Bring your questions -- We'll provide SASSY instructions for Gals: Select a Bike / Adjust a Helmet / Secure a Bike / Safe Riding Rules / You Can Get Up That Hill!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition and urge you to join. A $10 fee is suggested for non-members of San Francisco Bicycle Coalition OR you GALS can join SFBC for a special price of $25 for a one-year membership (normally $35). Members of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition? No fee suggested.
1) Are you at least 50 years old?
2) Do you have your own bike?
3) Will you be renting a bike for this ride? `
4) How long have you been riding (most recently)?
5) What distance are you most comfortable riding: 1-5 miles? 5-10 miles? or 10-20 miles? More?