Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride along Embarcadero from the Ferry Building to Crissy Field and back. Yes, that means riding over the Ft. Mason hill -- but you can do it! We'll show you a route, provide tips for riding in the city, and have a relaxing ride. And, if all goes well, you'll get to try putting your bike on a MUNI bike rack.
Level: A (<15 miles, mostly flat)
Distance: About 10 miles.
Start: We'll be in the plaza in the middle of Embarcadero, in front of the Ferry Building.
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won't leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• To rent a bicycle, there is a 'Bike and Roll' rental place at the foot of Market Street by the Hyatt Regency. Please reserve your bike for 9:30 so we can pedal away from the plaza at 10am. We will return about 1 pm.)
• We'll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions -- Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic -- probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition to improve conditions for bicycling in San Francisco. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join at a ride for $25 for a one-year membership.