Oct 19, 2014 · 10:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Join the Gals for an enjoyable, easy-going ride along Embarcadero from Pier 7 in San Francisco over the GG Bridge and on to Tiburon Ferry Terminal! The ride ends at the Tiburon Ferry Terminal. We'll show you a route, provide tips for riding, and have a relaxing ride.
Level: B (15-30 miles, some hills)
Distance: About 20 miles. About 600 feet of climbing.
Start: At the foot of Pier 7, about 1/2 mile north of the Ferry Building (SF).
End: Tiburon Ferry Terminal. You may take the ferry back to SF Ferry Building or Fisherman's Wharf. (After rest and refuling, there is an optional group ride back to SF with one of the organizers.)
• We ride at a relaxed pace and won't leave anyone behind.
• RSVP required. Helmet, working bicycle, and basic riding skills required.
(Not had your bicycle out in a very long while? Please have it checked over by a bike mechanic to be sure it is safe and reliable.)
• We'll ride on the road with and without a bike lane, and multiuse paths.
• Rain cancels. Will send a message via Meetup if we cancel to those who RSVP for this ride.
• Bring your questions -- Anything you want to know about biking? No question is too basic -- probably other Gals will have the same question!
We are grateful for all the good work of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition to improve conditions for bicycling in San Francisco. We encourage you to check out their work and join. You can join at a ride for $25 for a one-year membership.