UPDATE: New Date folks... working with Andrew of Indianapolis Geek Club to share a new meetup date, which will be on Sunday, December 15th. Both meetup groups will have links to this event. There may also be other groups with this posted as well. Hopefully, this new date will be more practical.
If you're wondering about the location of this meetup group, it's showing Indianapolis because I work there almost all the time now, and organize events there as well as in Michigan where I live. There's a good 4-hour drive between home and work, so if you're a member of this group in the Michigan area, this is an event you can ignore as too far away. If you are a Hoosier, this event IS FOR YOU !!! Meetup just doesn't provide a way for me to split locations without having separate groups, so I'll be making do with one group.
Our party will involve boardgaming and many Star Trek inspired events and contests!
Here is what we currently have planned for events:
12-4p: Open boardgaming! Anything "Trek" is encouraged but all suggestions are welcome. I will be bringing my Star Trek Catan & expansion and I am trying to see about someone bringing other thematic games.
4p: Around this time we'll get into full Star Trek party mode! Some of the events will include:
- Food and drink, feel free to bring some Trek themed goodies for all to enjoy!
- Tribble scavenger hunt
- Costume contest with prizes
- Custom "Cranium" game with Star Trek themes, this is a guessing-game which involves roleplaying/acting/singing; drawing or clay sculpting; word games; and trivia.
- Holiday and Star Trek themed "Telestrations"
===========================================We'll be playing as many games as we can, but we'll also have a gamer's gift exchange, that's entirely voluntary. The idea is, you bring a game that is in near-new condition (ideally, something you acquired but found it just wasn't your cup of tea), and wrapped for the holiday, where the retail purchase price of the game is in the $25 to $40 range (for older games, somewhat higher is fine... just trying to keep relative value fairly similar). Everyone that brings such a gift will then get a ticket, and the tickets will be drawn to determine the order in which the wrapped gifts can be chosen. No shaking of the gifts, folks.... you'll just have to decide on the basis of shape and size alone.
This meetup is at Steve's apartment, in Fishers. For food, plan on the famous "meatballs"; plus apple fritters, chips, chip dip, carrots, ranch dip, cookies, and whatever else I might grab, based on anticipated attendance. Folks are encouraged to bring snacks, and especially, games; so please bring any other game you'd like to play. I will have bottled water on hand, plus some basic sodas, and if anyone wants anything else liquid, they should bring it along (cold items can be kept in the fridge).
Here’s the list of games I have on hand:
• 7 Wonders (w/Cities & Leaders expansions)
• Airlines Europe
• Ben Hurt (Cheap-A## Games)
• Cargo Noir
• Container (and the expansion - The Second Shipment)
• Deadwood (Cheap-A## Games)
• Dominion (w/Prosperity, Cornucopia, & Seaside expansions)
• Fluxx, Star Fluxx, and Monty Python Fluxx
• Ground Floor
• Love Letter
• Nitro Dice
• Pandemic (cooperative game, with On the Brink expansion)
• Power Grid (w/ALL expansions & robots)
• - (Just in: France/Italy & BeNeLux/Central Europe)
• Power Grid: The First Sparks
• Power Grid: Factory Manager
• Power Struggle
• Puerto Rico
• Qwirkle Cubes
• San Juan
• Save Doctor Lucky (old ver., also Cheap A## Games)
• Settlers of America (Catan game mechanics)
• Settlers of Catan (w/5-6 player expansion + card dice from T&B)
• Star Trek Catan (w/Star Trek: Federation expansion)
• St. Petersburg
• Thurn & Taxis
• The Resistance
• Werewolf (Ultimate Werewolf)
Detailed directions will be sent out the morning of the event.
Any questions, feel free to email Steve directly.