Game Theory Message Board › Event Ideas

Event Ideas

A former member
Post #: 71
We are going to start having weekly events.

I wanted to get your opinion about what events you would be interested in, what day and time you would want them.

(example - White Wolf Night, Board Game night, Poker night, etc.)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. I want to make sure that we make you happy when it comes to your gaming needs.

Rob
David W
dweber77
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 8
Try it out or demo day. I would love to run a game of Midian there on the 13th if you are open by then. Just so people can watch and maybe gain interest.
A former member
Post #: 108
A GURPS night would be pretty cool. I've only played in GURPS once, but I liked it and would like to play with the system more. Also a Call of Cthulhu (not the d20 version) night would be awesome.
Andy
user 7807457
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 4
As far as weekly events go, I'm more into the pen and paper aspect of things so something relating to that would be nice. I know that what I've seen usually at game stores all across the country really depends on if you're focusing on miniature gaming like 40k and Warmachine or on card gaming like Magic/Yu-Gi-Oh. I've seen weekly events for both of those that's usually in the form of a specified game night for miniatures or a booster draft tourney for the card games.
A former member
Post #: 187
Anyone still play StarFleet Battles? Or perhaps have a copy of Wizard's Quest? I'm open to board games like Risk, Othello, Cribbage, chess, Rummikub.
Andy
user 7807457
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 5
SFB? I almost played it once haha. I enjoyed the SFC PC game quite a bit but never really got into the table top game. I do like board games as well although I am more partial to the less traditional ones although I still enjoy a good bit of Othello every now and then.
Christopher B.
CBattles6
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 7
LFR. Weekends.
A former member
Post #: 73
Thanks for all the input everyone :). We are hammering out a calendar right now that will utilize all your suggestions.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your great ideas. Keep them coming.

Also, we have the following rewards program...

Everytime you spend $100 you get $10 worth of free merchandise. When you reach the $250 mark, you receive an additional 5% off all purchases and at $500 you receive another 5% off for a total of 20% across the board on everything in the store.

Also, each time you attend an event you get your name in a drawing for $100, $50, and $25 worth of free merchandise, given out monthly.

Hope to see you guys and gals soon.

We are still receiving shipments of gaming supplies, so if you have any suggestions let me know :)

Rob
A former member
Post #: 11
I think a Warhammer night on a wed or thurs would be terrific... wargaming just doesn't feel like a 'monday' sort of pasttime to me ;) its a "woohoo partyay! the weekend is almost here! lets kill some orks!" sorta thing ;)
A former member
Post #: 91
I'd like a Monday board game night. Tuesday would be my second choice. No great reason for it, except that's why I'm most likely free. smile