Game Makers Message Board › Thanks for coming out!

Thanks for coming out!

Craig A.
CraigAlbert
Group Organizer
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 1
Thanks to everyone that made it out to the last meet up, it was awesome. We had a really diverse group of people and conversation ranged from writing stories for games to writing your own game engine. It was tons of fun for me and it looked like everyone else was having a pretty good time, too.

Here's a little recap of what was showed/talked about. Lemme know if I missed anything:

Matthew - Showed off his 3d particle system with collision and gravity physics. It almost looks like a galaxy forming.
Blair - Showed his 3d recreation of downtown Detroit. It’s a huge project, and he’s made tons of progress. Blair took tons of source photos downtown, so many that even Homeland Security grew interest in his project.
Maurice - Maurice created a multiplayer online game where you control your robot vs others in a robot arena. Okay, robots have been done, except these robots are REAL and Maurice made them himself.
Chris - Some people use UDK, Unity or one of the many other game engines out there to make their game. Chris created his OWN game engine using C++ and OpenGL that he’s using to make his sweet 3d Mahjong game. He’s currently looking into hooking up a scripting language to his engine.

Here’s the tools/technologies people in the group are working with:
-Open GL with C++
-Unity
-UDK
-Cocos 2D
-Corona SDK

Programming Languages being used:
-C++
-JavaScript
-Objective-C
-Mono/C#?
-Lua

If anyone in the group has experience with other languages/technologies/tools/IDEs, lemme know and I’ll add em’ to the list.