Members have expressed interest in having monthly public gatherings that:
• Allow members to meet one another before committing to meetups at private residences
• Allow for "all ages" events to happen on a regular basis for those who may not want to game when there's alcohol, adult table talk, or adult-themed games present
• Allow us to demo games in a public setting and, perhaps, promote the group publicly to draw more membership
I've been working with the Schlow Library to secure a couple of Saturdays over the next two months and currently have September 21 established as our first monthly public meetup event for this group.
The room holds 30 people and the library provides tables, chairs, and a small kitchenette to prepare light snacks. All you will need to bring is yourself, any game you want to play, people you feel would enjoy open gaming, and a pleasant and open attitude.
I am certainly open to demo'ing one of the following games at a table that day:
- Power Grid
- Mage Knight
- Arkham Horror
If you have a game you would prefer to have demo'd on this day, please use the comments section below and we can look for someone who owns it and is willing to demo it in the group.
I am setting the RSVP limit to 35 at this time to make sure we don't overwhelm the space and to gauge the level of interest. If we have enough positive support for this in the next week, then I will finalize the September date with the library, post the October meetup, and then secure it as things progress.
What is meant by "All Ages"?
"All Ages," in this context, implies that:
1. There will not be alcohol or other age-restricted items present (obvious in this case given the venue)
2. Adult language and 'trash talking' will be kept to a PG-13 level or below
3. Adult-themed games will not be allowed (think 'Cards Against Humanity')
4. 'Your mom' jokes are still welcome and will be appropriately snickered at
(If anyone has anything to add to this list, please state as much in the comments)
EDIT: Raising the limit to 40 due to the fact we're reserved in both rooms