addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

St. Louis Java User's Group Message Board › Android development project - Interesting project, interesting people to wor

Android development project - Interesting project, interesting people to work with, free lunch?

Dan P.
DanPollmann
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
Howdy,
We're looking for a android developer that can lend a hand with a couple projects. The projects are fairly simple, little bit of data coming in(weather feeds) little bit of data going out (CSVs) and a little bit of animation and transitions. The projects are going to last about a month or two but might extend into the fall. We have an awesome environment to work in, plenty of space, food, beer, other people to bounce ideas off of... There are about 10 of us here, mostly iOS devs but everyone is always interested in learning.

The gig would start immediately. We'd require you to be here with us for at least the first few weeks, we are paralleling some iOS projects so some of the formulas and image assets are identical.

Please get in touch if you are interested.
Dan
Jim T.
JamesDTaylorSTL
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 1
Do you guys take on outside projects? I've been in product development for over 25yrs and have developed many products including those using hardware/software. One of my last companies was Envisioneering Medical which I started. I'm now looking into developing a product that would likely utilize an Android OS and hardware. The device needs to have at minimum a 7" touchscreen, FM radio, MP3 media player, speaker amp and Bluetooth capabilities. Being primarily a mechanical engineer I'm looking for people who can help me determine the system specs and potentially provide development services.
Any thoughts or help in this regard would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Jim Taylor