addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Gather the Women Nevada County Message Board › What Exactly Do We Mean By "Story?

What Exactly Do We Mean By "Story?" How Can Stories Limit Me or Free Me from Bondage?

Gabrielle P.
user 12589431
Bothell, WA
"If an idiot were to tell you the same story every day for a year, you would end by believing it." --Horace Mann

As a child, the story I was told every day was that my brothers were pure genius, like my father, and that I, by virtue of being born a beautiful, blonde, perfect baby - with sex organs that would someday turn me into a woman - was not worthy of note.

The question is, how long will I buy into this story as an adult and let it limit my concept of what's possible for me? What stories are you holding so close to your vest you haven't even looked at them in years? What subliminal messages have you absorbed no matter how hard you have tried to rid yourself of them?

By shaping the nuggets of your personal experience into truth, you take back the power that was wrested from you as a child, too innocent to shield yourself from dominant behaviors by the adults in your sphere.

Our new home is Wild Mt. Yoga Center, 574 Searls Ave., in Nevada City. Amanda Serene, the new sole proprietor of that sacred space, has generously offered it up to Gather the Women for use as a place to hold our monthly HERSTORY Circle.

Please join us!

RELAX into a guided meditation that nurtures your will. Find the innate creative impulse inherent in each of us to give voice to our thoughts and our story. We do this on paper and in person. Learn a process that you can use to cultivate the ability to hear the Still, Small Voice Within that animates your soul and that enables you to speak your Truth.

May Topic:  In Shaping Moments of Insight, We Honor Ourselves.

By sharing your experience, strength and hope, you help humanity move into this next phase of human evolution: towards a balance of the Solar and the Lunar in all human interactions.

Please wear loose, comfortable clothing. Bring your favorite pen. Invest in a journal. Treat yourself with respect by leaving plenty of time to get there. and to stay to network after, if you like. Enjoy the calm atmosphere of the Sacred Space provided courtesy of Wild Mt. Yoga, 574 Searls St. Nevada City. If you can offer an optional $5 gratitude donation,  fine. If not, all are welcome.

Please RSVP at the meetup site: http://www.meetup.com/Gather-the-Women-Nevada-County­

until we meet again,

gabrielle