This group was created for LGBT and Gay-friendly gamers to explore Euro and American strategy and/or adventure games such as Settlers of Catan , Ticket to Ride , Pandemic , Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Last Night on Earth and Puerto Rico . Although we occasionally play party games such as Taboo or Say Anything! as warm-ups or icebreakers, this group's main emphasis is for LGBT gamers to experience the vast world of strategically and thematically rich board games which has really proliferated the last few years. If this sounds right for you, please join us!
Some more details:
- We'll be gathering at a variety of venues including group members' homes or local game- and gay-friendly businesses. If you'd like to host an event at your home, please read our information regarding volunteer hosts, and contact the organizers...
- Although this is an LGBT group, we welcome all friendly gamers regardless of gender or orientation.
- This is a group meant for LGBT gamers to try new games, meet other gamers and for those gamers to share gaming experiences and strategies. That doesn't mean we don't socialize; we like to think the socialization is the icing on the cake, with the primary goal being getting members of the LGBT community (and their friends/supporters) together to play games!
- Please attend! Your attendance keeps the group going.
- Please check out some notes regarding our meetups; these are not rules as much as general guidelines for how our meetups will be conducted...
- If your RSVP is "Yes" and you're not going to come, please change your "Yes" to "No" before the event out of courtesy to the rest of the group. Many of our events have recently been hitting the RSVP cap limit, and it's only common courtesy for someone who knows that they cannot attend to change their RSVP, so that they can free up a spot for someone who might want to come...
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers