Jan 12, 2014 · 3:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
The Two-Spirit tradition is the birthright of every gay man and woman. For many thousands of years, we were the first Shamans; revered for our innate ability to simultaneously connect with both the masculine and feminine sides of human nature. This misunderstood sensibility was vilified by the first western colonizers and their antipathy planted the seeds of hatred and bigotry that we are still experiencing today.
Please join the Gay Healer’s Circle for a special screening of the award-winning documentary TWO SPIRITS and a discussion with the director Lydia Nibley that will go behind the scenes of the making of the film. Nibley will discuss the impact this short film has had within shamanic, spiritual, and LGBT communities, as well as with general audiences. Together, we will explore the Two-Spirit culture and their enduring gifts in the spiritual traditions of many Native American tribes. Copies of the film will be available and a special ceremony and blessing will be created by our circle.
Remember that there is a social hour potluck as part of our afternoon, so bring something to eat and share. We begin at 3:00pm at Creative Intelligence located at 4988 Venice Boulevard, just east of LaBrea on the south side of the street. There is plenty of street parking. We look forward to seeing you there!
• The presentation will take place from 3pm to 6pm. You can get more information on our event listing on our website at www.laghc.org
• Please be on time out of respect for the presenter.
• We will offer "potluck" snacks during the social hour, so any food you bring for the social portion of the meeting is always appreciated.
• Our meetings are open to anyone who wants to attend, so please bring friends.
• We do not allow presenters to market their services during presentations, but everyone is welcome to bring cards and promotional materials and display them at the meeting.
We hope to see you there.