GAY WINOS-Los Angeles Gay Mens WINE & FOOD Social Group Message Board › L.A. Food & Wine Fest at downtown's L.A. Live

L.A. Food & Wine Fest at downtown's L.A. Live

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 27
To date, we have not had a lot of strong interest in events costing more than $50. I recently posted an L.A Times Food Noir discounted event from $125 to $75 and even then I was the only one willing to pay, but ended up not wanting to go stag.

In any case, one of the most ambitious/prestigious L.A. gourmet food & wine events will be taking place THIS OCTOBER 2011 and here is the weblink for those of you who might at least be interested in finding out more about it...

http://www.lafw.com/t...­

My advice is to periodically check both www.goldstarevents.org and www.stubdog.com in case they end up offering any half priced tickets. Both the line up and chef roster are extremely impressive.

For those of you Gay Winos members who might wish to attend with our "sister" group "Gay Foodies," they or their related group Pleasure Palette--both other official Meetup.com groups--will likely attend this fest so also check their own particular group web pages if you would like to attend with them.

I have been very much wanting to host a joint Gay Winos/Gay Foodies event, but confirming our attendee list has been such a last minute ordeal that I have not had the courage to yet do so. Ironically, most of our events often end up attracting at least 4-8 members, but RSVPs before hand often only show 2-3 people so we end up being graced spontaneously (and last minute) by additional members (who I think don't like committing until the last minute in case some better offer comes along!--but hey, that seems to be a normal L.A. phenomenon these days and not just for our group).