addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

GAY WINOS-Los Angeles Gay Mens WINE & FOOD Social Group Message Board › Please do not be flakey about your RSVPs to our GAY WINOS Events

Please do not be flakey about your RSVPs to our GAY WINOS Events

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Hey guys, I would rather have our group members spend money on wine, food and/or other beverages than charge an event cover fee. But in return it is asked that you please be considerate and always try to UPDATE YOUR RSVPs when you are not sure you can attend an event.

You may not care, but it makes our Group look bad when we reserve a table at a restaurant for 7 and only 4 people show. Tonight was the first time in quite a while that we had so many unexpected no shows. In the old days it used to happen quite a bit.

It is understood that emergencies can come up unexpectedly (as well as traffic, illnesses, other last minute social opportunities, hot tricks, etc., but that should only possibly account for 1 no show--NOT 4 on 1 night. One of our members was thoughtful enough to e-mail me that they could not attend and that was truly appreciated.

FYI--most other Meetup groups are very gestapo-ish about "no shows" and if you are "no show" twice with no explanation then you are expelled permanently from that group. I prefer not to be that hard nosed, but would appreciate if you can be a little more considerate about your RSVPs in the future. Thank you so very much.

Mind you, I do not get paid for organizing GAY WINOS and it takes more time to run the club than you might imagine. I also pay a substantial annual fee to MEETUP for our club to exist (it is NOT free) and also pay for our "www.GayWinos.com domain registration and renewals. I do this for the benefit of all of our members--even though actual individual participation in our group remains FREE.

Have a good rest of your week and hope to see you all soon.

Sincerely,

JONO

Founder/Organizer GAY WINOS
Gary I.
user 11878868
North Hollywood, CA
Post #: 7
Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear that some people are not honoring their RSVP's. I realize you are organizing the fun wine related events out of the kindness of your heart. It takes time, imagination, and effort to coordinate an event. I feel that most of us appreciate your using time and energy to get us Gay men together. Thanks and mil gracias. We appreciate all the things that you do.

Gary I.