addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

GAY WINOS-Los Angeles Gay Mens WINE & FOOD Social Group Message Board › HAPPY 4TH OF JULY--Please enroll in TWITTER for future GAY WINO functions

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY--Please enroll in TWITTER for future GAY WINO functions

Jono
JonoBear
Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Happy July 4th everyone. Hope you each have a wonderful and safe 4th of July.

Yesterday I unexpectedly had a very frustrating late afternoon when my workplace closed early and when I was getting ready to leave at 4:45pm I could not find my remote transmitter car key. Without that key I could not open the car nor would the ignition turn on. It ended up taking me over 2 hours to go to extreme lengths to find the key (including going through trash cans, checking any place in the building where I had sat--looking under tables & desks. I was the last person in my office building when I was calling my cohorts and almost in tears over all of the relentless frustration.   (I finally reached my roommate Ricky who located an emergency key at my home and was driving on the freeway through the Cahuenga Pass to take that other key 35 miles to my place of work, but fortunately I was able to call him off so he could turn around and safe all of that driving).

(For those of you who think I should have had an emergency key hidden in the car--the specialty transmitter key that I have costs around $500 and even a the bare bones specialty metal key without the transmitter--that can ONLY be ordered from the car dealer--is about $150, otherwise I would have had a backup hidden key). So much for modern gadgets and technology.

At last night's Latin jazz event, however, all of the attending Gay Winos kept calling/texting me in the middle of my chaos because they could not find one another with such giant crowds and loud background noise.

So I want to REQUEST that for ALL future events and emergencies that all of our members please ENROLL IN TWITTER (which is free at www.twitter.com) so there is a means for members to communicate with each other in occasional circumstances like these. I am not that familiar with Twitter, but from now on when members RSVP to our events, I am going to request that they provide their FULL TWITTER NAME/CONTACT INFO (Ara maybe you can help me be more familiar with this process?) When you respond to this RSVP comment it will automatically be printed out on the event organizer's final RSVP list which will make it easier to reach everyone at one time.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and hopefully your future TWEETING cooperation.

For those of you who will not be at Steve & Romero's today, I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

Sincerely,

JONO

Gay Winos