GAY WINOS-Los Angeles Gay Mens WINE & FOOD Social Group Message Board › Member Reviews of BEST BURGERS in L.A. Summer 2012

Member Reviews of BEST BURGERS in L.A. Summer 2012

Group Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 45
Our Group members are invited to participate in our "In Search for the Holy Grail" of L.A. Hamburger joints--big, small, fancy or simple. Simply post your review of any of the restaurants we visit, how you felt their burger was and your description of the overall experience--what the restaurant was like, wait service quality, uniqueness of preparation and any other comments you would like to share.

Separate-but-related is our separate MEMBER VOTING POLL where in addition to members reviewing the restaurants we visit, our membership at large is welcome to vote on their burger favorite(s)...
Herb M.
Paris, FR
Post #: 6
The only burger place i can report on is Stout. Ultimately, i enjoyed the place ... and certainly enjoyed the burger.

At the outset, service was like "amateur hour". Five of our group were there and were enjoying beers, then I arrived ... and waited and waited and waited for someone to come by for a drink order. It was around 1p and the place was not at all busy.

Eventually, they got their act together and apparently realized they had a business to run ... and things were much improved after that. They have all sorts of unusual beers and, for those interested but perplexed, they were only too happy to bring tastes. Each burger has a recommended beer, which affords some help. The staff seemed knowledgable about the beers ... though i wouldn't know, as I am a wino.biggrin

Everyone seemed to enjoy their burgers ... each purportedly "crafted" to order. (I guess that's a Reader's Digest "toward more picturesque speech" euphemism for "made".) Fries were also very good too ... both regular and sweet potato. They also have a variety of sauces for use with the burgers and fries (attention! ... each little thingy of sauce is fifty cents).

All and all, an enjoyable time.