Apr 21, 2012 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Visit the Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland.
We will meet at 2pm. Please allow yourself adequate time to drive up to the center. If you're coming up from the South Bay, I can provide carpool for three passengers.
Admission ($15.95) includes two Digital Dome Planetarium Shows. Buy tickets in advance through their website via one of the two links here :
(the following links go to a Ticketmaster site "museumtix.com" and include $3.50 in convenience fees)
- General Admission, you select two shows upon arrival at the Center.
- General Admission: Cosmos 360 + Maya Skies, select the shows when buying online. You pick the showtime and are ensured that you will have a seat for the showing. I have chosen to attend:
- Tales of the Maya Skies -3:30PM
- Spring Skies Alive:Cosmos 360 - 6:30PM
- If you to wish to attend an earlier or later showing, other times are listed on their site.
- or buy your admission at the door and save the added $3.50 in fees.
== background from their website==
Founded as an observatory in 1883, today Chabot offers visitors the very latest in hands-on, interactive exhibits, displays, and Planetarium and large-screen shows that explore the mysteries of the universe and of life here on earth. Combined with a full program of activity-filled classes, workshops, summer camps, outreach programs and special events, Chabot Space & Science Center has become the Bay Area’s go to destination for visitors of all ages who want to discover and learn about space and earth sciences.
Set amid beautiful redwood parkland in the hills above Oakland, yet just 2.5 miles off the freeway, Chabot is also home to Nellie, Rachel and Leah - our three magnificent telescopes and the largest public telescope facility in the country. Here visitors of all ages can experience for themselves the wonders of the cosmos as they gaze through the telescopes at distant stars and planets.