This group is for all lesbians and gays age 30 and up (couples, singles, new-in-towners, and those who have been in the LA/OC areas for a while), who enjoy meeting up for good food, good drinks and good company.
Membership is FREE, and you only have to be friendly and attitude-free to join!
Brunches? Movies? Theaters? Museums? Cocktails? Dinners? Wine Tastings? Outdoor Activities? LA/OC Landmarks? Potlucks at homes of members? It's all here. So get off that computer screen. Stop being a Facebook personality. TV is not real; you are not living it. Stop watching other people acting out life and live your own.
We are a private group. A "recent" and clear photo of your face (unobstructed and not more than 5 years old), and completion of the entire Membership Questionnaire are required for membership approval.
Please note: We do have an Attendance and a 3-Strikes Policy. We ask that all members please adhere to the following:
1. In order to retain your membership with Gaytopia, we ask that you attend at least 1 event for every 3-month period. Any members who fail to do so will be at risk of being dropped from the group.
2. If you have signed up for an event but later cannot attend, you must change your RSVP to "Not Going" with 24 hours notice from the start of that event. Any changes to your RSVP to "Not Going" with less than 24 hours notice will be automatically recorded as 1-Strike (if you have RSVP-ed "+1 Guest," then you will receive an additional strike for that guest).
3. If you have signed up for an event but arrive more than 15 minutes late (from the start time of the event), you will be issued 1-Strike, unless you have contacted the Event Organizer by phone to explain your reason for being late. It will be the discretion of the Event Organizer whether or not to issue you 1-Strike for being tardy.
4. Members who receive 3-Strikes are dropped from the group. However, those members are encouraged to re-join the group 3 months later.
5. In addition, members may be permanently banned from the group for the following behavior: sexually harassing other members (remember, this is a social group, not a forum for picking up sex partners); being disruptive at events that would prevent the other members in attendance from being able to fully enjoy the event; using excessive vulgar and/or obscene language during an event; and treating other members disrespectfully.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope to see you at an upcoming event soon!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members