The 11th Doctor is back in brand new episodes. Time to answer everyone's question: who is Oswin?
As the new kid in town, this former South Florida Social Geek is proud to be hosting the return of everyone's favorite Timelord to our tv screen. Unfortunately, since I only moved here last month, I have absolutely no furniture for anyone to sit on. Thankfully, my apartment complex has a very nice reading room with a TV that is much better than mine, so I've reserved it for the night. Regretfully, it is quite small so I've had to limit this to roughly 10 people. Please do not hesitate to add your name to the waiting list and if you RSVP, please keep it up-to-date. If you can't make it, please be sure to change your RSVP so someone else can take your place.
I'm opening the doors at 6:30 and kicking things off at 7 with "The Power of Three" followed by the Christmas Special "The Snowmen" and then, of course, the Series 7 Part 2 Season Premiere.
**UPDATE** Apparently BBCA decided to throw me off (or maybe it's because I never watch it in real time) and schedule Doctor Who for 8pm, not 9pm as I originally thought so we'll vote on what we'll watch first. Also, since I have the room till 11pm, I thought we'd also watch the Season Premier of Chris Hardwick's "The Nerdist" show at 10pm.
Where I am?
I'm in Archstone Pentagon City, which is on 15th St S.
The back of my building faces the Metro Blue & Yellow lines, but you'll have to walk around to the front of the building to get in. If you want to know about getting here by bus, look for routes that take you to the Pentagon City Mall or Pentagon Row.
-You can park in the street metered parking if you can find a spot. Max of 4 hrs.
-You can pay to park in the Pentagon Mall parking lot. Don't know what time they close.
-You can pay to park in the lot across the street with the Best Buy & Costco.
-DO NOT PARK IN ANY OF THE SPOTS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. They are labelled "Guest" (only 2 for whole building) and "Future Resident".
When you get to the doors, the front desk will let you in. Sign in the guest book and then take either the middle or far right elevator to the Penthouse.
Couple of things to keep in mind:
- No smoking in the reading room.
- No alcohol is allowed in the reading room (sorry, it was part of the reservation contract).
- When we are done, we must leave the room as clean as we found it. Everyone will need to pitch in or else you won't be invited back if we make this a weekly event.
- If you break or damage anything in the room, you will be held liable.
- You are more than welcome to bring food, drink, or snacks, but please update your RSVP so no one brings the same thing. It would be nice if someone brings plastic cups, napkins/paper towels, and plastic plates.
- If you want to pitch in, I'll order one or two pizzas.