Apr 13, 2013 · 7:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
The 11th Doctor is back in brand new episodes. Time to answer everyone's question: who is Oswin?
As the new kid in town, this former South Florida Social Geek is proud to be hosting the return of everyone's favorite Timelord to our tv screen. Unfortunately, since I only moved here last month, I have absolutely no furniture for anyone to sit on. Thankfully, my apartment complex has a very nice reading room with a TV that is much better than mine, so I've reserved it for the night. Regretfully, it is quite small so I've had to limit this to roughly 10-15 people. Please do not hesitate to add your name to the waiting list and if you RSVP, please keep it up-to-date. If you can't make it, please be sure to change your RSVP so someone else can take your place.
Where I am?
I'm in Archstone Pentagon City, which is on 15th St S.
The back of my building faces the Metro Blue & Yellow lines, but you'll have to walk around to the front of the building to get in. If you want to know about getting here by bus, look for routes that take you to the Pentagon City Mall or Pentagon Row.
- BEST- Street metered parking if you can find a spot. Max of 4 hrs.
- 2nd Best- Metered spots at the Virginia Highland Park. The park is directly in front of my complex.
- 3rd Best- Pentagon Center, paid parking lot. Look for the BestBuy, Costco, CVS, Starbucks, & Chevy's.
- 4th Best- Pentagon Mall parking lot. Only recommended as a last resort.
-DO NOT PARK IN ANY OF THE SPOTS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING OR YOU WILL BE TOWED. They are labelled "Guest" (only 2 for whole building) and "Future Resident".
When you get to the doors, the front desk will let you in. Sign in the guest book and then take either the middle or far right elevator to the Penthouse.
Couple of things to keep in mind:
- No smoking in the reading room.
- No alcohol is allowed in the reading room (sorry, it was part of the reservation contract).
- When we are done, we must leave the room as clean as we found it. Everyone will need to pitch in or else you won't be invited back if we make this a weekly event.
- If you break or damage anything in the room, you will be held liable.
- You are more than welcome to bring food, drink, or snacks, but please update your RSVP so no one brings the same thing. It would be nice if someone brings plastic cups, napkins/paper towels, and plastic plates.
- If you want to pitch in, I'll order one or two pizzas.