8717 Ridge Hollow Court, Springfield, VA
As the sun goes down on Saturday, November 16, the full moon will rise and the dead will walk. Well, shamble, actually. Fear not, for you will have the opportunity to battle the undead horde – or, if you’d prefer, you can hunt for the flesh of puny mortals. So, if you want to spend an evening in a horror movie (minus the film crew), grab your Nerf guns, ball up your socks, and join us for the NOVA Geek Club’s 2013 Humans vs. Zombies Fright Night!
What to Bring:
• Bandana (for head/armband to identify whether you’re human or zombie)
• A flashlight or other light source
• Nerf guns and/or sock balls. (Human players will also be provided with "floppy knives" made of ducttaped cardboard around the size of a ruler as last-resort melee weapons.)
• Zombie hunter or zombie costumes optional; wear clothing in which you’re comfortable running around in the woods.
Expect that you may well not recover your Nerf darts or socks: we are, after all, playing outside in the woods after dark. If you don’t have a Nerf gun and want to borrow one of the spares, we request you bring $5 to help people sharing their guns and ammo recoup their losses. Otherwise, be prepared to be a zombie.
• Safety first. Be careful.
• There are moderators. They will be clearly identified. What they say goes.
• Each Human player will be provided a personal mission assignment. Humans: Complete your mission assignment and try to survive until the helicopter comes to rescue you. Zombies: tag as many Humans as you can.
• Players are “killed” when they are shot, hit by a sock ball, poked by a floppy knife, or tagged by a Zombie. Killed Humans become Zombies after they turn in their assignment card and weapons to the moderator at base camp. Killed Zombies are stunned for 30 seconds, during which that Zombie cannot move or tag Humans.
• Don’t be a jerk.
• In the event of an emergency, the safe-word is “Yankee Doodle”. Yell it at the top of your lungs if you need help; if you hear it, run towards the person shouting. All play stops until the situation is resolved.
Humans will be split into The Squad and The Civies, the latter hiding in the woods before play starts and the former “rescuing” them. The zombies? Well, they’re just the horde.
So come participate in a frightfully fun time! Meet in the parking lot outside Michael's house; we'll be playing in the woods across Hillside Rd. The listed time of 7:00 pm allows for thirty minutes to load and distribute weapons, go over the rules a final time, and hand out personal mission assignments to the humans. Game play is expected to start promptly at 7:30, so please arrive no later than quarter past seven.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.