addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Northern Virginia Geek Club Message Board › All-Day Games

All-Day Games

Benjamin U.
user 8921958
Hyattsville, MD
Post #: 3
Would anyone be interested in a meetup to play one of the really long board games out there? I'd love to play Civilization (Avalon Hill, not Sid Meier) or 1830 again, but they have such a huge time commitment (Civilization takes about eight hours to play), so it's pretty much impossible to play them during a meetup not dedicated to that purpose.

Game Parlor always has space if we need a venue.
John
user 5138549
Reston, VA
Post #: 30
I am definitely interested. Maybe we could play a game of Axis and Allies at some point? My weekends tend to be busy, but I could probably swing a Sunday if I have enough advance notice. Never heard of 1830, what is that like?
Benjamin U.
user 8921958
Hyattsville, MD
Post #: 4
1830 is a railroad ownership game. While it follows some of the same functions as other ones (buy trains, lay track, connect statione, make money), it has a unique stock market element to it where your railroads become more valuable as you pay out dividends, less as you keep the money for yourself, and can be stolen from you if you aren't careful.