addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Northern Virginia Geek Club Message Board › Astronomy at GMU

Astronomy at GMU

Jerri L.
Weebaby
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 31
I just found out that GMU offers informal night sky observations sessions open to the public! Tonight's session has been cancelled but this might be a fun event for those of us not attending Tardis Tuesdays!

http://physics.gmu.ed...­ (Remember, this is their physics and astronomy department, not web design!)
Stacy
user 3670765
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 2
I just found out that GMU offers informal night sky observations sessions open to the public! Tonight's session has been cancelled but this might be a fun event for those of us not attending Tardis Tuesdays!

http://physics.gmu.ed...­ (Remember, this is their physics and astronomy department, not web design!)

That's a neat idea. But the problem with GMU is that parking anywhere on campus is expensive. I think last time I was there it cost $3 per hour or something for visitor parking.

That's a neat idea. Bu
Jerri L.
Weebaby
Fairfax, VA
Post #: 32
Good point, Stacy.

Fairfax City has the CUE bus system which was originally designed just form GMU students. If people have time, they can park in the city (there's a free garage in historic downtown Fairfax) and take the bus for less than $2. Then we can cap off the evening with a pint at the Auld Shebeen afterward!