addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Northern Virginia Geek Club Message Board › Pulsing the group for interest: "enhanced" movies

Pulsing the group for interest: "enhanced" movies

A former member
Post #: 130
Have you ever watched a movie that had a great concept, great actors, and then fumbled the plot so badly that you were tempted to do violence to inanimate objects?

Have you ever seen a movie that took itself extremely seriously, but actually ended up being a horrible drama, but a passible comedy?

If so, this discussion is for you. I have an eclectic collection of "re-done" films (see YouTube examples) that might be fun ton watch and critique as a group (and will likely motivate you to buy or rent the originals).

I would hold a weekly or bi-weekly movie night at Staatsland and add a serial (like Flash Gordan from the 1930s) and maybe some previews. You would bring the enthusiasm and popcorn.

Thoughts? Comments?

in service,

Rich
Kristen S.
user 4106204
Annandale, VA
Post #: 68
I'd be interested.
A former member
Post #: 133
I'd be interested.

Yeah!
A former member
Post #: 137
So, ... Does that mean that no one else is ... ?
Kristen S.
user 4106204
Annandale, VA
Post #: 69
No, it's more likely due to the fact that people don't read this message board. laughing
If you post it as a "suggested MEETUP" more people will weigh in. Do you have a date in mind for the first one? How many people will you be able to host?
Kristen S.
user 4106204
Annandale, VA
Post #: 70
No, it's more likely due to the fact that people don't read this message board. laughing
If you post it as a "suggested MEETUP" more people will weigh in. Do you have a date in mind for the first one? How many people will you be able to host?
A former member
Post #: 139
That makes sense! biggrin OK, let me work through the calendar dance and see what shakes out. Should have a Meetup suggestion posted by next week.