Meet up with other self-identified geeks. Interests include (but are not limited to) Sci-fi/Fantasy, Anime, Video games, Board games, Roleplaying games, Science and Technology, Internet memes, and Web comics.
1. Group Registration - In order to join the group you must answer all of the profile questions. A picture is required; however, it does not have to be a photo of you, just something that represents you. Be aware that this is both a first impression and a screening tool for the organizers.
2. Activity Status - Until you have attended an event, you must check the site at least once every two months (RSVPing no counts) or else will be removed for inactivity. After attending an event, you must visit the site at least once every six months in order to avoid automatic removal. Removal does not equal banning and rejoining is ALWAYS encouraged.
3. Attendance Policy - If you cancel the day of an event or do not show up without notifying the event organizer, it will count as a no show and noted on your profile. Repeated no shows may result in you being bumped to the waiting list for meetups with limited space in favor of those with a positive attendance history.
3. Event Suggestions - If you would like to suggest an event please use the "Suggest a Meetup" feature or contact an organizer for assistance.
4. Inappropriate Behavior - Extremely inappropriate behavior, either at events or on Meetup can lead to your immediate removal and is at the organizers' discretion.
5. Events at Private Residences - Some of our events are held at private residences. Hosts of such events reserve the right to limit attendance to people that they or the organizers have previously met. The organizers also reserve the right to restricting the hosting of such events to people they have met. Attending events held at public venues (both as new members and prospective hosts) is the easiest way to meet others.