Ladies, the July book is For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway.
Come if you wanna join a classics book club, even if you haven't read the book. The point is to make friends, so it's not like we'll be talking about the book the whole time, although it'd be nice to actually read something good and share our thoughts.
Our July meeting will be at Oberweis in Lakeview.
My number's (917)[masked] if you're running late or can't find me.
Here's the hit list: The Idiot, Notes from the Underground, The Possessed, The Age of Reason, A Happy Death, The First Man, Exile and the Kingdom, Grapes of Wrath, East of Eden, The Pearl, Cannery Row, Ulysses, Dubliners, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, War and Peace, The Importance of Being Earnest, Lady Chatterley's Lover, Sons and Lovers, Madam Bovary, Of Human Bondage, Tess of the D’Urbervilles, Jude the Obscure, Fahrenheit 451, Catch 22, Sophie's Choice, In Cold Blood, Winesburg, Ohio, The Portrait of a Lady, The Wings of the Dove, The Good Earth, Middlemarch, Dangerous Liasons, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Count of Monte Cristo, Don Quixote, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Gulliver's Travels, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde, Robinson Crusoe, The War of the Worlds, The Divine Comedy, Paradise Lost, Faust, Aeneid, Iliad, Odyssey, Metamorphoses, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Tale of Genji, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Gay Science, Twilight of the Idols, The Antichrist, The Will to Power, Ecce Homo, Beyond Good and Evil, Politics, Nicomachean Ethics, The Republic, Being and Nothingness, Fear and Trembling, The Social Contract, Leviathan, & Histories.
There are so many classics that are supposed to be the best books of all time that I haven't read that I finally wanna get off my lazy butt and read them before I go senile from lack of brain use. For newbies, here's our schedule:
1. Thursday, July 26, 2012 @ 7 pm- Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky at Bourgeois Pig Cafe in Lincoln Park (3 showed)
2. Thursday, August 23, 2012 @ 7 pm- Brothers K again at Wormhole Coffee in Wicker Park (3 showed)
3. Wednesday, September 26, 2012 @7 pm- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger at Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea in Lakeview (9 showed)
4. Wednesday, October 24, 2012 @ 7 pm- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy at Julius Meinl Coffee House in Wrigleyville (4 showed)
5. Sunday, November 18, 2012 @ 1:30 pm- Anna Karenina movie at Landmark Century Centre Cinema and dinner at Socca in Lakeview (11 showed)
6. Thursday, December 13, 2012 @ 7 pm- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde at Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea in Lakeview (5 showed)
7. Thursday, January 31, 2013 @ 7 pm- Moby Dick by Herman Melville at Leonidas Chocolate Cafe in River North (2 showed)
8. Thursday, February 28, 2013 @ 7 pm- Moby Dick again at Miko's Flipside Cafe in Bucktown (2 showed)
9. Thursday, March 14, 2013 @ 7 pm- The Fall by Albert Camus at Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea in Lakeview (2 showed)
10. Wednesday, April 24, 2013 @7 pm- No Exit by John-Paul Sartre at Intelligentsia Coffee and Tea in Lakeview (3 showed)
11. Wednesday, May 22, 2013 @7 pm- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair at Oberweis in Lakeview (10 showed)
12. Thursday, June 27, 2013 @ 7 pm- The Castle by Franz Kafka at Oberweis in Lakeview (4 showed)
13. Thursday, July 25, 2013 @ 7 pm- For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway at Oberweis in Lakeview
14. Thursday, August 22, 2013 @ 7 pm- Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky at Oberweis in Lakeview