Chicago Geek Women Message Board › Calling all Game of Thrones Fans (and newbies)..

Calling all Game of Thrones Fans (and newbies)..

A former member
Post #: 19
I just found that I have all the episodes of Game of Thrones available through HBO in HD, and I have been hearing great stuff about this series but haven't started it yet.
I wanted to see if anyone's interested in a few marathons to catch up to current, then we can watch current ones together??
I live in Lombard. I have a big plasma TV, and a big living room, but not a ton of furniture. I'm thinking we could meet at my house for 3-4 episodes at a time on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and people can bring lawn chairs and their favorite munchies or drinks to share.
I am mostly looking for an excuse to get together more- so if you are slightly interested in the show but mostly interested in good company, that works too!

If at least a few people are interested I will post this as a meetup.. Just let me know soon because I'll start watching it on my own if no one's interested :)
A former member
Post #: 2
I would be up for that! I live in the Westmont area. I haven't had a chance yet to attend a meet up so I am looking forward to meeting everyone. The cupcake/wine night was going to be my first, but then it got cancelled, so I am anxious to meet everyone!
A former member
Post #: 1
I would be interested as well!
A former member
Post #: 215
You guys are in for a treat, its a very well done series. Seems to follow the books quite well which you can download for free via book buddy, or find the audio book. I am up to date on the TV series and currently listening to the audio book while working on my knitting.
Michelle
Mercury47
Lisle, IL
Post #: 423
Pretty much everyone I know has been "zOMG! YOU HAVE TO WATCH GAME OF THRONES RIGHT NOW!"

As someone who doesn't have cable and doesn't watch regularly scheduled shows, I'd be interested.
A former member
Post #: 17
Love the books and the show, so YES, I'd be interested!