addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Geek Girls of San Diego Message Board › Monthly Movie/TV Meetup Ideas

Monthly Movie/TV Meetup Ideas

Raegan
Raesa
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Or "MSG & MST"... aka Chinese food and Mystery Science Theatre 3000... loved that show.
A former member
Post #: 1
ALL of the ideas are fantastic but I've gotta admit -- PeeWee? Fanshmabulous! Sweet memories, one n' all :D
A former member
Post #: 3
Disney movies or Swords, Shields, and Sandwiches (LOTR or 300 anyone?)
Megan
user 6479327
New Britain, CT
Post #: 144
LotR would be fantastic! We've already done Swords, Shields and Sandwiches, but it worked out really well so maybe we'll do it again :)
A former member
Post #: 17
I am all for the Disney Musicals!
A former member
OMG I love these!!!!!!

I've been wanting to host the "Peking Pork Chop Express" movie night featuring Big Trouble in Little China.

The event would also need a pre-party to come up with a "Pork Chop Express" cocktail.... although there's lot of other cocktails we could try to come up with too.... "Black Blood of the Earth".... "Lo Pan Liquor"..... etc.....
Megan
user 6479327
New Britain, CT
Post #: 160
I love your suggestion of parring a movie with a cocktail. It'd be fun to invent some to match the movie, too.
A former member
Post #: 18
One that I've done was called Fast Night. Everyone brought fast food and wore fast clothes (aviator sunglasses, motorcycle gear, those scarves rich people wear when driving with the top down). We watched the movie Speed and ripped on it the entire time (if you don't know Speed, it's that Keeanu Reeves movie where there's a bomb on the bus and they jump it off a bridge).
april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 78
Josie, I love this idea! So much fun!! We'll have to bring it up to Sarah (repeatedly!).

Welcome to our group!
Carrie
user 8002438
San Diego, CA
Love party peewee - so many ridiculous food options there ( captin crunch cereal on happy face eggs and bacon, for example).

How about Classy Trash - everyone dresses us classy and brings food they consider "classy," then everyone watches trasy movies, like Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead <3 or Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion, or Jawbreaker. Something along those lines.