Geek Girls of San Diego Message Board › Have an idea? Share it!

Have an idea? Share it!

Megan
user 6479327
New Britain, CT
Post #: 147
Hey ladies,

If you have an idea for a meetup, share it! Even if it's crazy or not "geeky" or very geeky, share it!
Emma
E_is_for_Enigma
San Diego, CA
Post #: 19
I'm an avid creator--writing and drawing are a couple passions of mine. I'm wondering if there's anyone else among the geek girls who would be interested in a creative writing type deal, or life drawing.
Megan
user 6479327
New Britain, CT
Post #: 148
I really enjoy writing. Maybe we could throw together a creative writing session soon.
Emma
E_is_for_Enigma
San Diego, CA
Post #: 20
Cool! What do you like to write about?
A former member
Post #: 1
@Emma If you're up for braving the SDCC crowd check out the pop up store Tr!ckster on J street downtown. http://trickstertrick...­

They have life drawing in the evenings and various writing and comic related symposia on some of the days. The bar restaurant venue next to Petco Park is a cool space with good food as well. (I was there yesterday volunteering.)
Megan
user 6479327
New Britain, CT
Post #: 149
@Tomika - That sounds awesome! I'm going to keep following their website to see if they anything in the future.

@Emma - I try to write X-men fan fic, but generally fail miserably.
april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 49
Yeah, the Tr!ckster thing is at Proper, which is adjacent to Petco (it can be kind of hard to find since it's not street facing). They have good food and great drinks too. If you see Will the waiter, give him a hard time for me (that was our usual trivia place until about a month ago).
A former member
Post #: 1,289
The Harry Potter Day sounded amazing. I just joined though, so I missed it... But if you were to do it again, I'd try my bestest to be there!
A former member
Post #: 2
For those interested in writing, I hope to do NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month) in November and it'd be great to get together with some other people who are doing it!
april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 59
That's a great idea! If you want to post a pre-Nano event near the end of October, you should set that up now. Then we can also set up a couple events during the month. I do not have time for it this year, as I'll be gone the first couple weeks, but I bet a few people would be up for it.