addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Geek Girls of San Diego Message Board › Anyone play Magic the Gathering?

Anyone play Magic the Gathering?

A former member
Post #: 3
I'm fairly new to it but my husband and I have been playing almost every evening after our daughter goes to bed, and I think it would be fun to play with some Geek Girls (and their partners or friends)!

We don't have a great place for hosting, though 2-4 people could probably come play at our house casually some evening after baby bedtime. Or if anyone else has a better place for hosting games, or knows of a good cafe or something to play at, I'd love to get out sometimes for a few games and some socializing.
A former member
Post #: 1
I don't play, but it's something I have always wanted to learn to play. I would be interested in a MtG game night.
april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 64
You can limit the number of RSVPs in the event, so your home doesn't get too crowded. If you want to post something, you should set it up! I don't play, but I know several ladies here do.
Jackie
user 62434862
San Diego, CA
I'd love to learn how to play. I have some cards, thanks to a SDCC giveaway. I just have to find them.
A former member
YES! So fun, I love magic. I don't have a good place for hosting either, but what I do have is a bunch of pre-con decks that I can bring and share. Maybe we could go out to a coffee shop or bar and play? Or a game store, I know a lot of them host casual gaming days. I am new to San Diego so I don't know about that sort of thing, but I am definitely down to play..
A former member
Post #: 27
If anyone is open to North County, my house is available for meetups. We can actually fit a fair number of people. I want to learn Magic and I know that there are a few of the other NC ladies that want to also.
Jackie
user 62434862
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
I'm open to that, as long as it's not too late in the evening!
A former member
Post #: 28
If someone wants to volunteer to teach and lets me know their availability, I can put up a meetup. I could do a Sunday late morning, maybe, and we could barbecue or something in the afternoon. My schedule is a lot more open now that October has passed. I am without kid or extended family on Thanksgiving weekend, so I would be willing to also have some kind of holiday game/movie marathon one of the days.
A former member
Post #: 30
My husband's friend may be in town around Christmas and can probably teach Magic. He does Pokemon too. I may try to schedule something for around that time if he does come to visit.
A former member
I used to play along time ago would luv to get back into it. Best place would be a game shop, bar, or bookstore maybe then more peeps could come. I live way out in IB & ride bus/trolley so something in central SD would be nice. cool