Geek Girls of San Diego Message Board › An Important Reminder, PLEASE READ

An Important Reminder, PLEASE READ

april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Hi All!

I trust your 2013 is off to a good start! It was great meeting so many of you last weekend; I hope you all had a good time.

This is just a reminder about general courtesy, and it is probably all stuff you already know, but I've had a couple issues lately that let me know it needs to be stated.

We at GGSD are NON-PARTISAN, NON-DENOMINATIONAL, and NO ONE should feel like this is anything but a "safe space" for you to be yourself. While some of us enjoy spirited debate about politics, religion, and other things, others do not. Our members are Christians and atheists, gay and straight, Democrat and Republican, and everything in between, so PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS' BELIEFS.

This does not mean you have to agree with everyone, or even that you cannot debate or discuss what you believe. After all, our differences are what makes us interesting, and it's a great way to learn about others. However, it does mean hateful or hurtful language will not be tolerated. Remember we are all Geeks, and it should bring us together, not divide us.

You all know where this line is, and I don't want to be the thought police. Have an open mind when discussing things, and be willing to be amicable at the end of a debate. If you feel uncomfortable in any situation, please talk to the other person. If you do not feel safe doing so, please bring it to my attention.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Cheers,

April