Geek Girls of San Diego Message Board › Magic Hosting Promotion

Magic Hosting Promotion

april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 75
Hi All,

As part of our ongoing effort to get the geek out to around the county, I am throwing in an incentive to those who'd like to host a Magic: the Gathering night in the months of March and April. If you host a Magic night with at least 4 attendees, you get your own Magic deck to keep. We have about 40 decks to choose from, and you can use our decks to host your game night. At the end of the evening, pick out one you'd like and it's yours! (One deck per person please, and no picking out cards from multiple decks either!)

If you don't have space at your house for guests, consider hosting at a local coffee shop (I know Starbucks can be corporate, but the employees are usually super nice. If you live in North/South Park there are more choices.), a local game store (we have Game Empire connections, plus you could check out Villainous Lair, Pair-a-Dice games in Vista, or Crazy Fred's in La Mesa) or meet at Denny's for fries and Magic.

We have most of the supplies (rulebooks and decks, you supply the counters (we use our penny jar)) and I will meet up with you to give you whatever help you need.

Be in touch. If you are interested in hosting another type of event, you are strongly encouraged to do so. There are only so many events each of us can host, but together we are unstoppable! Geek out ladies!

Cheers,
April
Danielle
user 47517812
San Diego, CA
Post #: 20
i have no idea how to play but id love to learn and i think i have room to host?
april
user 9987079
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 77
It's easy to learn, and I bet one of the experienced players would be happy to help you out. We'll definitely talk.