Geeknight Dallas Message Board › Jr-Mid Java Developer Job - Lanyon
Hi, I am hiring for a Java Developer in the Irving, Tx area. I have included the Job Description below. Please pass along if you know anyone that might be interested. Thanks!
If interested, apply here: https://www.hirebridg...
This role will be that of a junior to middle tier software developer to help with daily operational support and enhancement programming on its primary Java product packages. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a team or alone as well as work well with both customers and other support staff. Familiarity with Scrum ideologies and working in sprints a plus.
This person will report to the VP-Applications Development or to a Senior Architect.
• Investigate software problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
• Perform and/or oversee software upgrades and implementations
• Serve as technical specialist to in-house support group
• Work as a team member with other technical staff and vendors to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
Skills Needed – Must have’s (Technical and Communication)
• Must currently have the ability to work in the United States without restrictions or special covenants
• Minimum of 3 years Java Development in an Object Oriented environment
• Experience with J2EE (JSP, Servlet, EJB, JDBC, SQL)
• Experience with application servers such as JBoss 6, Web Logic, or Websphere
• Eclipse is also a plus
• Knowledge and experience with relational database systems such as Oracle and stored procedures.
• Web Services development experience is a plus
• Knowledge of XML/XSLT/XPATH
• Advanced reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Gather data, organize results, and make effective decisions based on what is reported
• Excellent customer service skills
• Software design skills
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must
• Must be very detail oriented
• Travel – (30%) in the first 2 months – dropping to < 5% / month
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Lanyon is the leading provider of content and spend management solutions to the travel, transportation and hospitality industries. We believe that our people are the reason we succeed. Many of them come from those industries and their knowledge, their focus and commitment is the intangible connection between our customers and our services. We believe in teamwork, innovation, accountability and integrity in everything we do.
Lanyon was acquired by Vista Equity Partners in December, 2012. Vista Equity Partners is a leading private equity firm focused on investing in software and technology-enabled businesses. With approximately $6 billion in committed equity capital, Vista seeks to partner with world-class management teams looking to reach their full potential. We understand the software business model and have developed specific operational improvements (the "Vista SOPs") to create value, and we coApply Here!mbine this operational capability and understanding with a unique, long-term perspective. This combination encourages optimal business decisions, enables the pursuit of operational excellence, and drives maximum value creation for all shareholders.