Mar 2, 2013 · 9:00 AM
This location is no longer available
Got a Raspberry Pi but don't know the first thing about it?
Want a Raspberry Pi but want some hands-on time?
Got an Electronics project you're working on a need a brain to pick?
We're having our first official Member Build day. This is a chance for us to get together and build stuff. (Also, take some pics and videos)
What we've got:
- table and network space for 6-10 hackers and their pi's
- TWO Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 1.0 boards new-in-packaging -- for sale: $40 cash.
- a SD card writer
If you want to work on a pi, bring:
- monitor with HDMI input and a HDMI cable
- MicroUSB (Kindle type) cable and usb power adaptor that has 5v @ AT LEAST 700mA
- SD Card in the 4GB+ range (Lexar is best, I think. check the rPi compatibility list)
- USB keyboard and mouse (Logitech/MS/Saitek preferred) the Rpi is picky about certain usb chips
- a powered usb hub (optional)
- Breakout kits if you have them
- Cameras (video, too). we need Pretty Pictures
We also need:
- Soldering station (and the know-how that goes with)
Member dues are $50 per month.
Memberships are not required to attend but are strongly encouraged.