We'll be at the Atlanta Maker Faire this weekend. We'll have a few projects built by members on display, but mostly we'll have an information table.
I need volunteers to help run the table throughout the day. If you're going to the Faire and can lend a hand at the table for half an hour or an hour, let me know ASAP. We still have a lot of time to fill.
We have a lot of new members on the Meetup Group, welcome, guys!
A few notes:
- We're still looking for someone to take on the mantle of Treasurer. This will be a director-level position (volunteer, natch). Any takers?
- We have an offer for a lathe and (I think) a CNC mill for the space. Are there a few 3D Printers out there?
Details on the currently-projected space. All details subject to change until things become more coherent:
- Location: Norcross, I-85 @ Jimmy Carter
- ~18,000 square feet, ~500 of that is unfinished warehouse-type space, the rest is office-like.
- Memberships will be between $40 and $50 a month.
- We need 40 charter members to get this space off the ground.
I think we can make this space a reality by March if things fall into place fast enough after the Makerfaire.
We need people to step up and into action in order for this happen!
Apologies in advance for the list cross-posting. Not everyone is on both lists.