We just hit the 70 member mark on our Meetup group.
For those who haven't been able to make it to our regular meetups or other events, here's where we are:
- We have 27 Pledged Members (of the targeted 35-40). We already have enough monthly membership pledges to cover the rent on the space. Keeping the lights on and the insurance people happy will take at least 8 more.
Monthly member dues are $50/month.
To Pledge, send an email with your name, E-mail address and phone number to [address removed]
We have submitted our Articles of Incorporation to the State of Georgia; this is the first step in the Incorporation process. By this time next week we'll have the first Board meeting behind us.
We've had an influx of new members to the Meetup group by way of the Atlanta Hobby Robot Club. Welcome!
We have three new Pledges by way of the AHRC's Robot Rally this afternoon, as well, thanks, guys!
For those wanting to know where you can send donations, we'll let you know as soon as the details are settled.
For those that have pledged already, we will be begin accepting Charter memberships starting on or around December 1st. We need the members in place (and the money in the bank) before we can sign the lease on the space. We're currently projecting a January 1 move-in date.
All of that hinges on us reaching our membership goal as quickly as possible.
The space is located in Norcross just off of Jimmy Carter Blvd along I-85.
- 1,820 square feet, with ~600 of it shop space
- We have 3D printers, lathes, and several small CNC mills along with plenty of other goodies. Got something to loan or donate to the space? Let us know!
We have a handful of inaugural projects on the drawing boards to get the space up and running after move in. All of these are the brainchildren of some of our Pledges that will require a team effort:
- Run new electrical to the shop/warehouse space
- Run new CAT6 data cabling throughout the space and mount a new patch panel.
- Install Raspberry Pi-based RFID access controls on the access doors (maglock on the front door, strike plate on back door)
- Acquire a vending machines (or machines) and hack them.
- Build a Vacuformer
- And others...
We have an IRC channel on Freenode: #GSGwinnett. Join us.