Geekspace Gwinnett Message Board › The Space Equipment List

The Space Equipment List

Closed to new replies

Brad N.
ATLHivemind
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 3
The #1 Question I was asked at the Atlanta Mini-Maker Faire was "when will you be open?"
The #2 Question was "what sort of equipment do you have?" and i rattled off a list of what I knew we had.

Since I'm only human, we need a list of equipment and tinkerables (heavy and otherwise) that the space will have in its opening days as provided by either perma-loan or donation.

What's the difference? In short, its more on paper than anything.
- Perma-loan means the equiment still legally belongs to you, the member, as opposed to the space. Should you leave the group you could take said equipment with you. Conversely, if the space dissolves for any reason, you get the equipment back. (You could always transfer 'ownership' to another member if you leave the group and don't want it back)
- Donation: The space owns the equipment. If we have 501(c)3 status set up when you donate the gear, you can get a tax deduction based on the fair-market value of the widget in question. If the space dissolves, the equipment goes to whatever organization is designated to get our remaining assets (one of the "gotchas" of a non-profit).
TL;DR: There are differences. We'll work them out later.

So, the list so far:
From Brendan Irwin:

• Benchtop Metal lathe
  • CNC Benchtop Mill
  • Prusa 3D printer
  • An oldish 1U server
  • A workbench

From Ben Ferrell:
  • 2x neo-Geo Arcade cabinet Skeletons [citation needed]

From Brad Newton:
  • Various Rackmountable shelves & such
  • Various computer-related bits and pieces
  • ~500ft CAT6 UTP cable
  • ???-length Romex
    Edit:
  • 2x Portable 100A Surface-mount sub-panels with 6 120V/20A breakers, +6 outlets with 6' NEMA 15/50 Mains plug (the guts of the workshop power distribution, perhaps?)

I KNOW I'm missing somethings that people have shouted at me in the last few months. Post them here!
  • A former member
    Post #: 1
    Oh, also an oscilloscope.
    Brad N.
    ATLHivemind
    Atlanta, GA
    Post #: 4
    Moved to Google Docs:
    https://docs.google.c...­